You’re welcome for the world’s most generic post title. But the content here will be FAR from generic! It’s been a while since I’ve done some sort of update about my actual job and the things that I do now that I’m officially in the home stretch of year two as a freelancer.
You guys. I LOVE it. It’s not without its challenges, but oh my word. The freedom. The ability to set my own schedule. Capacity to travel. I am all agog. And so thankful. Jesus has been incredibly good to me in this season, and I’ve been fortunate to work with some incredible organizations and individuals. This girl is happy.
So with that in mind, here are a few projects, shows, etc. that I’m focusing my energy on:
- What Do You Really Believe About Being Single? Many of you know my thoughts about singleness and how the church has dealt with this. But in December, I had the chance to share some things Jesus has taught me about being single. It was a tremendous honor to be on Java with Juli with the amazing Christopher Yuan, and I think the conversation was turned out well. I walked away learning things and with a fresh perspective, and I hope it offers encouragement to you as well!
- That Church Conference Coaching I have been involved with That Church Conference since their first event two years ago. I love watching Justin Dean and Van Baird absolutely KILL IT in the church communications arena. They’ve got an incredible passion for helping churches be present and serve others well digitally. They’ve started a coaching program, and I’m one of their coaches. We’re just starting on this journey, but I’m already pumped about what the Lord is going to do. (And if you are looking for coaching, the line up is amazing! Check it out!)
- Website/Blogging & Facebook classes with Pikes Peak Small Business Development Center. Thanks to my lovely friend, Lauren Hug, I’m going to be teaching two classes in February and March. I’ll be covering Websites and Blogging (and why they can help your business) on 2/14 & the basics of Facebook on 3/21. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to do this. It’s one more way I’m challenging fear this year. It’s always nerve-wracking to teach people, to be in front of a crowd or to be an “expert” in any field. But I think I’ll learn as much as I teach and I couldn’t be more excited about the opportunity! (The classes are free and you can sign up at the links above!)
- Thanks to The Popcast, I’ve been devouring the podcast “Presidential,” which is a look at the 45 presidents (I know, technically 44, thanks a lot Grover Cleveland). It is so stinking good. I love the different looks they take at our presidents and I find myself wanting to do more research regarding some of them. Super fun!
- I set my GoodReads reading challenge this year at 100 books. I’m 8 books into that challenge. And my currently reading shelf is OUT OF CONTROL. However, I would absolutely have no qualms about recommending “The Bird and the Sword” by Amy Harmon. It is a delightful standalone fantasy book. Her writing is so vivid and draws you into what’s happening. She makes me want to be a better writer.
- I’m doing a writing challenge in February. I’m going to Instablog (annoying, I know, but if I post it here, I won’t do it at all.) Writing more this year is another goal of mine, and I think a challenge of writing something 28 days straight is going to get me into a good habit of writing every day. If you join me in this challenge (and I wish you would!) tag me in your Instagram photo! (You can find me @CarrieKintz.)
Those are some of the happenings and things I love for the beginning of 2017. I’d love to know what you’re doing and what are you loving this first month of the new year!